The emails in my inbox at at work right now involve phrases like:
- “That seems unethical and not to mention probably illegal…”
- “We need to meet in person about this, preferably tomorrow…”
- “That is not correct. I did not agree to that…”
- “I’m not following…”
- “If he approaches you please do not engage with him …”
It’s DEFCON 2 over here.
And I got locked in a closet and had to yell for help from colleagues. In trying to make an appointment with my APRN, turns out she apparently isn’t in business anymore – so much for getting that script refilled. I also think I may be underdressed in my colorful knee-high socks, though HR says I’m fine. Just a bit out of sorts.
“Coffee was a food in that house, not a drink.” — Patricia Hampl
I’m drinking a hot cup of Doodles special blend coffee, glasses on, patio door open to the smells of fall. After 32 hours of running and cheering plus an extra long 13 hour drive home, the Bourbon Chase is officially over. I’m home in pjs, contemplating how much effort will be involved in cleaning out the “Black Bullet” we called home for 4 days before returning it to enterprise.
So in the spirit of procrastination, a few images from the race:
- Best foods consumed during race: Black Cherry PowerBlocks, Pretzel M &Ms, Bananas, Cinnamon Raisin Mini Bagels, Clementines, Coffee, Coconut Water.
- I Wish I’d Packed: Shorts, Pajamas, more Coconut Water, a Sleep Mask, Camera.
- Things That Kept me Sane: Stores in the towns that stayed open until 4am so we could invade and use their clean restrooms, Knowing my final leg was shorter than my first leg, Twitter, Daydreams of egg mcmuffins and my bed, Bryan’s sleeping bag, Coffee, Phone Adpater for charging on the go.
This is what my world looks like (for the 20th day in a row): This is what I’m hoping and sighing for: Today’s caffeine count: 3 cups of … Continue reading Rain, rain, go away..
How do I say this nicely? Yesterday sucked. Hard. I ate fistfuls of M&Ms, drank copious amounts of coffee, left at 7pm then worked until 1am at home. I even tried to improve my mood with some levity of posting on here, only to be rebuffed – TWICE – by my own site telling me access was forbidden. Harumph.
Earthquake, hurricane and now a flood. What’s next? Locus and frogs? I swear, if I see lamb’s blood appear over people’s doors, I’m outta here.