Easy summer supers, Take 1. A girl can only eat so much lettuce and call it satisfying, but there’s no way I’m leaving the oven on for longer than necessary. Enter fast salmon with roasted red peppers. Thank you, Turkish and Mediterranean recipes!
1 c plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp dried dill
Juice of 1 lemon
Serves 2-4 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil. Stir in the onions and red peppers and cook until soft (for about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
3. Spread the foil (that is large enough to enclose all the fish) on a baking tray and place dethawed salmon fillets on it. Spread the sautéed onions and red peppers on the fillets evenly. Place a slice or two of lemon on each fillet, season with salt and ground black pepper. Wrap the foil to make into a packet by pulling up the sides and pinching the edges tightly, leaving a little room for the steam to escape. Place the tray in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
4. While salmon cooks, whisk yogurt, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
5. Once cooked, open up the packet, and serve the salmon hot with the onion, red pepper and lemon garnish. It really looks like the picture! Top with a generous dollop of Greek yogurt sauce. We served it with steamed broccoli and jasmine rice.